Whether you’re applying individually or through a legal professional this is what you need
With the goal of attracting foreign investors, in 2012 the Portuguese government created the Golden Residence Permit Program, which enables non-EU/EEA citizens to obtain a special residence permit in exchange for a 5-year investment in Portugal. A simple and straightforward process with numerous advantages for those who are considering moving to and living in Portugal, this is the list of documents you need to get started on your Golden Visa application.
- A valid passport.
- Proof of your legal presence in Portugal (visa, entry stamps, etc.).
- A Portuguese fiscal number (NIF).
- Proof of an existing Portuguese bank account.
- Criminal records from your country of origin, and/or from the country (or countries) where you have been living for more than a year. The criminal records must be issued in the 3 months prior to your Golden Visa application.
- A form that authorizes the Portuguese Immigration and Borders Service (SEF) to obtain a copy of your Portuguese criminal records.
- Proof that you are covered by the Portuguese public health system or by a private health insurance for the duration of your residency in Portugal.
- Documents that prove good standing with the Portuguese Tax and Customs Authority and Social Security system. These documents must be issued 45 days prior to your Golden Visa application.
- A sworn statement that declares your compliance with all the minimum investment requirements inherent to the Golden Visa application (total amount and 5-year period).
- Proof of payment of the Golden Visa application processing fee.